Update: the 2022 All-Source RFP process has concluded. Information on the 2022 All-Source RFP process has been archived here.
Stakeholder Engagement – 2023 RFP
I&M is currently developing a 2023 All-Source Request for Proposals (“2023 RFP”) which seeks to secure supply-side generation consistent with the preferred portfolio outlined in the 2021 Integrated Resource Plan. Consistent with this plan, I&M seeks a combination of Wind, Solar, Combustion Turbines, Storage, and Supplemental Capacity resources. As part of the 2023 RFP, I&M will make available a portion of the retiring Rockport Plant site for bidders to propose Combustion Turbine generation projects as well as Storage projects for participation in the RFP.
To bring these resources online in a timely manner, I&M has retained Charles River Associates (“CRA”) to serve as an independent monitor to assist in initiating the 2023 RFP process. As part of the development of the 2023 RFP, CRA, on behalf of I&M, will commence a stakeholder outreach process to receive feedback on the planning and development of the 2023 RFP. Overall, CRA will serve in a lead role with respect to the stakeholder engagement processes associated with the 2023 RFP, ensuring that stakeholder input is incorporated into the competitive procurement process, screening RFP responses, and monitor AEP/I&M’s efforts associated with the development, issuance, and evaluation of the bids. The 2023 RFP website is located at www.IMAllSourceRFP.com. This website is managed by CRA on behalf of I&M.
CRA is actively soliciting feedback from customer groups and potential participants. To this end, CRA has established a dedicated e-mail to receive comments from stakeholders at IMAllSourceRFP@CRAI.com. Stakeholders should direct any questions, concerns, suggestions, or comments for consideration and potential inclusion in the upcoming RFP directly to CRA via this e-mail address. With regards to feedback and comments received via the e-mail box, CRA will adhere to the following process:
- CRA will review the communication to identify whether the issue is addressable in the context of the RFP and to formulate their independent recommendation with respect to the communication.
- CRA will share only the core content of the communication and not any identifying information with respect to the sender either with I&M or other parties unless otherwise compelled to do so by law. As noted, CRA will provide a recommendation with respect to the items raised by the stakeholders to I&M, who may accept or reject such recommendations.
- At the conclusion of the RFP process, CRA will provide a report which reflects the feedback received as part of the stakeholder process, the recommendations CRA has made, and whether such recommendations have been adopted by I&M in the RFP.
The table below summarizes the schedule of key events in the stakeholder engagement process.
|Purpose||Link||Date and Time|
|RFP Development Meeting||Discussion with stakeholders on the development of the 2023 All-Source RFP.||Meeting Registration Link||February 10, 2023 from 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM ET|
|Draft RFP Released||Draft RFP documents and evaluation factors will be posted publicly on this website for comment by all stakeholders.||Posted on the Documents section of the IMAllSourceRFP.com website.||February 17, 2023|
|Pre-RFP Stakeholder meeting||Discussion with stakeholders to review the draft RFP, minimum eligibility requirements, and evaluation factors.||Meeting Registration Link (TBD – Please check back)||March 1, 2023|
|Comments Due||Due date for written comments from all stakeholders to the IM.||Send comments via e-mail: IMAllSourceRFP@CRAI.com||March 10, 2023|
As noted in the table above, two stakeholder meetings have been scheduled. The February 10, 2023 meeting will focus on the development of the 2023 RFP. In this meeting, CRA will be leading a discussion with stakeholders, that covers the following agenda:
- Introduction to the RFP Process.
- Introduction of CRA as the Independent Monitor.
- An overview of the resources and needs sought under the All-Source RFP.
- The proposed evaluation criteria, including non-price factors.
- The overall process and timeline for review and release of the RFP.
- The stakeholder feedback process and instructions.
- Open Q&A on the RFP process.
To register for this meeting, please click on the following registration link.
In addition to the RFP Development Meeting, a Pre-RFP Stakeholder meeting has been scheduled to review the draft RFP documents that are currently under development that will be issued on or by February 17, 2023. At this March 1, 2023 Pre-RFP Stakeholder meeting, the following agenda items will be covered:
- The resource types sought under the draft RFP
- Minimum eligibility and threshold requirements
- The RFP evaluation process
- Non-price factors that will be considered in the evaluation process
- The stakeholder feedback instructions
- Open Q&A on the draft RFP
To register for the March 1, 2023 meeting, please click on the following registration link: [Link TBD – please check back soon.]
After registration, instructions on how to join the webinar and a calendar invite will be sent to the registered e-mail address.
If you have any questions regarding the above, feel free to reach out to CRA at IMAllSourceRFP@crai.com.